Trying BBSURO:N1URO-4… <Enter> aborts.
Virtual circuit established to BBSURO:N1URO-4
There has been quite a bit of activity on the mail list or Fbb in the last 2 weeks. Some bugs have been fixed by Dave, now the Protus C_Filter and the G0LGS M and F Filter are working properly again.
Brian N1URO has written some installation script for Protus and G0LGS filters and has been working on the translation of the Spanish Protus files.
The appropriate Filters can be downloaded from the links below.
They are currently working on getting rid of some Bugs that cause some errors with Fbb ping and the ReqDir server.
Thanks to Dave, Stewart G0LGS, Brian N1URO, Bernard F6BVP, Paul G4APL and Tom SP2L
Great work, Thank you
7.0.8-beta9 (f6bvp, Dave van der Locht)
– [r176] fbblog files renamed from 0 to 52 for week number
fbb log displayed calling executable script /usr/local/bin/fbblog
– [r177] Some functions are done via system() calls. However, observed return value
is invariably -1 while it should reflect the result of called program.
It happened because the SIGCHILD signal handler was set to SIG_IGN.
Fixed at the beginning of the main function in xfbbd.c.
Dave van der Locht 2019-12-14
7.0.9 (Dave van der Locht)
– [r178] beta9 was hanging. xfbbd.c patched.
1) Return value of system() is always -1 due to SIGCHLD signal was ignored.
2) Added ‘fail-safe bypass’ in case call_nbdos() couldn’t find the command/executable to run.
3) Replaced system() with popen() in the call_nbdos() function to fix the problem with
response text from a c_filter not coming through.